Monday, January 1, 2018

CDP Theme..Favourite photo(s) of the Year.



 Happy New Year! I hope that you have been happy and well through the Christmas period. We had the most brilliant time with our Sydney famille who sadly flew home yesterday.. already looking forward to seeing them in April. The City Daily Photo theme for the beginning of the new year is always favourite photo from the past year. It's a tricky one and almost impossible to choose just one as images hold different memories. The shot above taken back in August is a favourite because of.. you guessed it, the rain! It's been a while and will be a lot longer before we see any again. I enjoyed the symmetry of the mast reflections in the calm water below, although I'm totally a landlubber I do enjoy taking nautical reflections..


Below it was the unexpected swish and swirl of colour from the exotic costumes of a belly dancing group in the city.. you just never know what encounters are to be had in the city these days :)


I loved the shot below of the many conversations going on under the shade of the trees in Forrest Place, the town centre. Looking forward very much to catching up with what's been happening in your part of the world over the next few days. Happy first day of 2018, let's hope it's a better year for the world in general than last year.. take care and stay safe..
  Click here to see more theme day shots from around the world..


27 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish the same for the world, PDP. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean by a tough decision to choose just one. These are all wonderful photos. You did well narrowing them down to this group. I think my favorite is the rain shot probably for the same reason as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images Grace! I like your new header. Water looks much nicer than the beaches in the USA. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...welcome back and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Grace. Glad you had a good family Christmas. I love the top photo in the rain. It looks warmer than our rain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue swirl is my favourite. Happy New Year, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super shots, Grace! My faves were the first one and the one with the two gentlemen talking...and I love the new header shot! A very Happy and Prosperous and Healthy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've missed seeing you, Grace but glad you had a wonderful time with family. Your images above are spectacular. One more beautiful than the other. I lost my husband, Grant late in November. I've also moved house - not to the place he was building for us, but to another cottage on the land of a farmer friend. The family and Valley friends have rallied around - I am truly blessed. Happy New Year to you. Greetings Jo (South Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year. I love the blue dress photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos Grace, the blue dress is stunning. I like the first one, I've never seen Perth in the rain! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  12. So love the beautiful atmosphere in your first photo. Such a delightful mix of colours in the rain. Yes...I am still here, but work loads have been ridiculous in the last few months...It has taken time to breathe again, so I am trying to alter my routines for this coming year...Wishing you the very happiest New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back Grace. Glad you had a wonderful time with your family. Awesome photos, my favorite is the first one. Rain and a wet ground are lovely to look at, they shine.
    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your holidays. Here's to all the best in the new year. I especially love that blue dress photo. I love the color and motion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year, Grace! Wonderful to see these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Happy New Year 2018!
    The 3rd Shot is Great!!!
    I'd like to visit this wonderful Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Niece selection.
    A very Happy New Year to you ,Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  18. All images are theme day worthy, different but emblematic of your fine city. Happy New Year and may you be blessed with good health and much happiness in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year to you, Grace!
    Yes, it just has to be better than the last one!
    Before I could dip into your post I had to take in your new cover, though.

    Those jeans... my. Where is the hot guy???
    Can you make him the cover next, please?

    All pics are wonderful, I could not pick one, either!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A second comment from me, the first being on your Facebook post. I also love the first shot of the rain and the umbrellas. The reflection on the wet pavement is always a bonus, and the umbrellas give a pop of color and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. Just totally wow. Your photography is priceless! Love all of these captures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The First One is my favorite, but they're all great, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very fine choices, Grace. Your rainy day city scene is wonderful, and the masts might have been a pen and ink sketch. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete